Frankenstein's Monster Party

10:16 AM Sarah Koves 0 Comments


 I have received a complimentary product to review from Oriental Trading Company.
 The opinions here are 100% mine! 

Every October I teach Frankenstein in my AP Literature class.  The students always find it an eye-opening experiences.  This year, I got a request from Oriental Trading Company to do a Halloween party blog post, and I knew immediately that I had to make it a Frankenstein's Monster themed party to go along with my book.



Favors

I knew I would need favors for my students.  The little monster pails were perfect to hold goodies.



It has always amazed me how much high school students love stickers.  I use them on their papers as a reward occassionally.  Because of this, I knew the Frankie Face stickers would be perfect for our party.



These together with some M and M bags made perfect gifts to kick off our Frankenstein unit.




This Halloween candy holder was the perfect place to stash the goodie buckets for when the students came in.  He was also super-easy to put together; it took less than three minutes.



Doesn't it look super cute with the goodies?




Crafts

I had three different crafts ready for my students and each of them got to pick two of the three to create.  This really got them psyched up about the book.






Everybody needs a hug, so grab a set for your party: Monster Hug Accordion $4.98/12





Be sure to snag your own set: Monster Hanging Fan Set $4.98/12


I debated just keeping these lanterns plain and hanging them up, but I realized they are the perfect shape for a Frankenstein's Monster's head.




We cut out hair, eyes, noses, mouths, and scars for our monsters.







I'm not sure the effect is exactly what we wanted, but they were fun anyways.


Decor

Every great party needs decor, and I did not want to disappoint in this area after reading Teach Like a Pirate last summer.


I made this guy many years ago with a fabric pannel.  When I found him in my Halloween boxes as home, I knew he would be the perfect addition to our decor.



This Haunted Farmhouse Banner was my FAVORITE item for this party.  I covered my board with it right near the door, so it was the first thing the students saw when they came in.

Each student got their picture taken in front of it when they got their book.  It really was a blast.  It was the perfect addition to the room to set the mood.


Are you ready to plan your own Frankenstein book party?



Be sure enter the Spooktacular Giveaway from Oriental Trading Company as well.  Just click the image below.


**This review is based strictly on my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or  experience with the product listed above. I was provided the sample free of charge by the  company or PR agency and I provided my honest opinion. No other type of compensation  was received for this review.”

Join By Email

Download My Free Rubrics
* indicates required
L. Paull Designs for All
Blog Design by L. Paull Designs for All
Copyright: Sarah Koves 2016. Powered by Blogger.

Influencer

Facebook PopUp