Stitch Fix #10 August 2015

8:01 PM Sarah Koves 1 Comments

Last summer I signed up for my first Stitch Fix.  The promise is that for $20 (which gets credited towards any items you keep) you get five items hand-selected for you by a stylist.  You fill out a style profile and link a Pinterest board, so your stylists know what you like.  


This box was not my favorite, and it probably fell in my bottom three boxes (behind my first two) when it arrived.  I was not in love with much in the box, but trying everything on changed my tune.  I had asked for a pencil skirt as I don't own one, and the one they sent last month didn't fit right. 

First out of the box was this tank.  I was ABSOLUTELY turned off by the pattern in the box, but once I put it on, it was one of the pieces I considered keeping.



The one thing with the top was that my bra straps wouldn't stay under the top, and that is big issue for me as a high school teacher.   I paired this top with my skinny jeans and the bag that came in my fix.



The bag was a nice teal color and very spacious, but the details seemed dated with the tassels and the braided handle.  My husband said that it looked like something an aged hippie would carry.  He loves to make comments about the clothes I get.

Urban Expressions Avery Zipper Detail Hobo Bag $68 RETURNED
Renee C Tucker Split Back Blouse $48 RETURNED

*********************

As I said last month, I do not own a pencil skirt and my stylists keep telling me to pair my tops with one, so I thought it best to ask for one.  The one they sent last month rode up, so I sent it back.  This month I got two.  This one was the most promising item in the box.  I paired it with a pink top from I already owned.  I did like this skirt a lot, but it also rode up more than I liked when I walked.  



As much as I loved the pattern, the fabric and fit made me feel that I wouldn't wear it much.

Renee C Marcy Skirt $58 RETURNED

*********************

The next item is a crochet-detail blouse.  I wasn't sure about it at all in the box, but with my fuchsia jeans it looked pretty spectacular.  I actually got more suggestions to keep this top than any other item.  On a side note, I ADORE my hair in this picture.


I felt that the front was a little dowdy and the back did not lend itself to a work top as it was open, and we thus have bra issues.


If I didn't work in a school, I would have kept it, but the open back was a deal breaker for me regardless of how nice it looked.  Also, I own several black blouses.  I didn't return this one though, my college roommate bought it, so I mailed it to her.

Papermoon Nilly Crochet Trim Open Back Blouse $48 SOLD TO A FRIEND

*********************

By now you may have guessed that I am saving the best for last.  This pencil skirt was NOT a winner in the box.  In fact I wasn't sure about it on the bed either.  Once I put it on, I knew it was perfect: a soft fabric, fit nicely, and didn't ride up.  Plus it will look fabulous with my cobalt blue Ballasox I got this summer.



I can pair it with blue, white, black, green, yellow, or red tops because of the colors in the detail.

Renee C Melisa Printed Pencil Skirt $48  KEPT

*********************


Be sure to follow my Pinterest Stitch Fix Board:




What do you love most?

If you are interested, please use my referral link as I get a credit for letting you know about Stitch Fix.





Join By Email

Download My Free Rubrics
* indicates required
L. Paull Designs for All
Blog Design by L. Paull Designs for All
Copyright: Sarah Koves 2016. Powered by Blogger.

Influencer

Facebook PopUp