Five for Friday 7/25: Freebie, Recipe, Fun, Organization, and Sorority Sisters

8:49 AM Sarah Koves 2 Comments


Once again I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday.


Smurtz and I got to spend an entire day hanging out together because hubby took Red and Potumus to a concert.  We mostly hung out on the deck and in the pool.


Oh, and took a lot of crazy selfies.


I made a batch of my taco seasoning.  Yes, I make my own.  I know exactly what is in it, and I can make mass quantities at a time.  I store in in a mason jar in the cupboard.

Here is what you need to make it.


1/2 c. Chili Powder
1/4 c. Oregano
3 T. Cumin
2 t. ground coriander
1 t. Kosher Salt

Put in jar, put top on, shake until mixed.


I tackled a few organization projects this week including the girls' drawer in the bathroom.  They have so many clips, bows, and hair ties it is ridiculous.

Here is what it looked like when I started.


After dumping everything out and starting fresh, I got it to look like this:



It probably won't stay that way for long.

I also gutted our shed.  This shed has really just been a catch-all for things we don't want in the house including baby clothes and gear, my middle school social studies items, yard toys, camping gear, and wedding centerpieces.

I didn't take a before picture because I was so gung-ho.
I managed to get rid of two tubs of baby clothes, all this baby gear below as well as a can of garbage.


There is now enough room to park all four bikes in the shed.  I also have 6...yes six...tubs of social studies binders to clean out, but that can be done in smaller doses.  I still have two tubs of kids clothes in the basement to get sort through and some tubs to label because I didn't want to hunt for my label maker.







I found out one of my college sorority sisters has started a teaching blog too.  I haven't seen here since college.  Check out Lori at Mixing it up in the Middle.


Mixing it up in Middle

I also discovered another Phi Mu from a different chapter, Michelle Jackson from Jackson in the Middle
Check her out too:

Jackson In The Middle






And we come to my freebie for the week.  

As a high school teacher with mostly 11th and 12th grade classes, I write A LOT of recommendation letters.  When I get a new request for a letter, I simply open this template up and save it in my recommendation folder with the student's name as the title.

Download my freebie HERE.





Join By Email

Download My Free Rubrics
* indicates required
L. Paull Designs for All
Blog Design by L. Paull Designs for All
Copyright: Sarah Koves 2016. Powered by Blogger.

Influencer

Facebook PopUp